Friday, August 27, 2010

New Postage Stamp Template!

I was so excited to work with new GCD Studios Joyful Peace and Anna Griffin Calisto Christmas .. I adore both collections sooo much!! I decided to create a page using both products. I used the Joyful Peace papers and the Calisto Christmas embellishments to create my page, "Joy." I decided to go with a postage stamp background and I wanted to create my own design to use. I figured why not turn it into a template and share it on here! First I am sharing the page I made with it!


To create my page, I actually printed out the JPEG image (SEE LAST PARAGRAPH TO LEARN HOW I PRINTED IT) of the postcard background and layered it on top of the GCD paper. I used my 3/4" circle punch and punched out all of the negative space. Using a template insured I got it just perfect! I created the template to work with a 3/4" circle (or you cut out the space with scissors) ... but you can print out the template larger or smaller to get the match the punch you might have. Here is a photo of what I did.



Now onto the template! First I am sharing the digital layered template for digital scrapbookers! Feel free to create a non-Christmas layout by deleting the Christmas holly from the page!

http://www.4shared.com/photo/p6VmhkrC/pc_postage_stamp_christmas.html


Here is the template in JPEG form that can be used a sketch!


And last but not least, if you just want to use the background, simply print this template out. The easiest way to get the size you want is to first save the file and open in programs such as Photoshop Elements or The Print Shop. For ways to print out the size you want in the two programs I just mentioned click here and here.


I hope you can create some postage stamp layouts with my templates :)


11 comments:

  1. Your page is beautiful! I will definitely be using this template!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a postage stamp edge! Thanks Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the postage stamp idea...going to lift this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is beautiful! Thank you so much for this template!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Pammy! Sean is growing up so fast! Thank you so much for the postage stamp template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adore the layout. I've been wanting a postage stamp background, and so I've used your image to create an SVG for it: http://www.4shared.com/file/TztbLS5d/PamCallaghan_postage_stamp_chr.html

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the idea. Just stumbled onto your blog today and already love it! Great templates and tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is sooo super filled with oodles of fun tips and ideas! Thanks for sharing this! Great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the postage stamp template - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the postage stamp template. Do you happen to have a tutorial on how you made it? I need to make one in a rectangle. Thanks!

    shmegan02@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used this design for a scrapbook layout today and it turned out beautifully. I just love your designs. I don't use your templates but usually can find something similar on one of my cricut cartridges. Your designs are absolutely wonderful and easily adaptable. I am so glad that I found this blog.

    ReplyDelete