Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tissue Paper Flower Demo


I have selected white tissue paper, a scrap of white card stock, 2 brown inks, copper glimmer mist, a stamp that resembles news paper print and a circle punch.

First stamp your image in both ink colors on the tissue paper in a large enough area to punch out 7-8 circles. Keep in mind tissue paper is delicate and if your punch is not good and sharp some circles my rip so you may need to do a few extra.


I have punched 8 circles out of my stamped tissue paper and one circle out of my scrap card stock, all the same size.

Next I layered the tissue paper circles so they were off set from each other (not in a neat stack) and put a brad though the middle. Then put the brad through the card-stock circle to use as a base to your flower.
I gave the flower a few sprays with my copper glimmer mist and let it dry!

Here is a second example made with blue tissue paper, pink ink and a houndstooth stamp. You can get many looks with this flower just by changing the tissue paper, ink and stamp. You can also make this larger by cutting your circles by hand. These flowers are very cost effective and would be great made for party decorations. Have fun!


3 comments: