Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fake Stiching

I love the way stitching looks on layouts but I don't always have my sewing machine handy or have the color thread I need. So I often use fake stitching. Here is a layout that I created with some fake stitching at the top of the green paper to add some color.


Here are few steps to creating fake stitching:

I have the paper I want to add the stitching to, a paper piercer, foam mat, hole guide and a marker. NOTE: you don't need a hole guide you can do it free hand and I also opted to use a red marker in the end because the white did not show up enough.

I used my hold guide to create three lines of holes all equally spaced.

Here is what the holes look like after they have been made.


lastly, I free hand connected each hole with my red maker. If you are not happy with the thickness of the line you can go over it a few times until you are happy with the way it looks.

This is just a simple trick using some of the supplies you probably already have! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute layout...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I usually free hand my faux stitching but I like how crisp and clean this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the pleated paper, and your stitching looks fab!

    ReplyDelete