Monday, August 23, 2010

Paper Buttons

Lately, I have been seeing many buttons made with punches or stamps. It is such a great idea because then your buttons match perfectly with your color scheme on your layout. So I decided to make my own buttons without a button stamp or button punch.

First you need to make some circles with either a punch or cricut. I used different sizes shown here… 3.5 inch, 2.5inch and 1.5inch.



Secondly, you find the center of the circle using a ruler and draw an “X” in the center. You can either use the backside or just erase the lines afterward you punch the holes. Then using the “X” as a guide, take your hole punch and go between the lines. It’s that easy! I used a white signo pen to match my theme and I doodled around the edges to give it a sewn look. You can use a real sewing machine for even a better look!



Here is an example of the finished buttons on a layout.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And such a gorgeous layout! Thanks for showing us this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, cute, cute. love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!! thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! Now I'll never have to search for a matching button! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little things that you nevr thing of that seem so simple. Thanks, i would have never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete