Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A new Swirl Template for your photos!

A couple of months ago I decided to take the leap into digital scrapbooking. It has been loads of fun and a nice addition to my traditional scrapbooking hobby. The positive side of this is that it inspired me to learn more about Photoshop Elements and a graphics program called Inkscape. Now when I create a template I can provide both a printable template for paper scrapbookers and a PSD file for our digital scrapbookers. Yeah!! That has been the best part of this journey. Here is the layout I have created for you today using the digital template. It's titled "Sweet Dreams."

To create my example layout I used a new digital kit created by Kristin Cronin-Barrow called "Naturally You" which is available at Sweet Shop Designs. I have found this to be a friendly store and the kits I have purchased are of high quality work. Please click here for more information on the digital kit.


It is not surprising that the subject of my layout is our 4 month old puppy, Maggie. She is the dearest little thing and I adore her. As I write this she is sleeping at my feet under the desk! Truly there are times when I wish I could fall asleep as easily as she does.


For our traditional scrapbookers here is the sketch of the template.


Here is the template of the swirl shape for the background.

For our digital scrapbookers here is the link to download the PSD layered template file.

http://www.4shared.com/photo/kZkuXrlx/S_Swirl_template.html


With either template the idea is that the "S" swirl is your background paper, which in my example is a stripe patterned paper. The left and right shapes when layered on top of the background paper create the "S" swirl shape. This is a simple template but I believe your results can be fabulous with those great paper combinations you've been waiting to use. Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome thanks! Always looking for great sketches/templates to get inspiration. ~ Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful , thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout and template! Thanks so much for sharing Dolores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolores - awesome page and wonderful template!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the beautiful templates!

    ReplyDelete