Thursday, August 12, 2010

Introducing Our Featured Artist for Aug. 13!

Hello Friday! I am super happy it's Friday already ;)
Today I am sharing a another talented scrapbooker with you all! She is coming to us all the way from Israel! She has a really fun blog and you can see her talent here. She has a great sense of scrapbook style and creates such nicely detailed work. Irit is sharing a really cool technique today, so you won't want to miss it! Let's get to know her!



Hi!! I am IRIT and I am from sunny ISRAEL. In my "real life" I have been a dentist for last 3 years. I do it as a part time job because I need some extra time to run my Israeli online scrap shop and I have a lot of fun doing something else after 25 years of teeth. I have been married for 28 years to a retired high police officer and the full time family cook these days. I am a mom to 4 grown ups: 2 sons and twin daughters and the empty nest is probably the main reason for my obsession for crafting - finally I have some time for myself. My oldest son is a high army officer and recently married. The second one is " a world traveler" - for last 3 years after his army service he is out of Israel for at least 9 months a year. This year he lives in Spain and works there. My twins are in their second year of college and my scrapbooking inspiration. I need to say that I have been totally addicted to crafting since I was a little girl. For many years it was polymer clay and jewelry making, but after I've seen scrapbook LO for the first time in my life (only 5 years ago during my visit to USA) I understood finally that I am in love with paper. Today I mostly scrap and do altered art and less a card making, but I love it all and hope you like my technique tutorial. I am a real challenge blogs frick, made about 7-8 DT on challenge blogs. I also design for UK chipboard company named Tando creative, Gingersnap creations challenge blog - mostly mixed media art and I am in SNR WEB MAGAZINE staff. I was published in print in Israel several times and was published in every possible web magazine during the last year. Finally my other addiction is..... folk dancing. So if I am not in my crafting room- I am probably dancing If you want to see a bit of my work you can visit my blog. HAVE A GREAT DAY!! XOXO!

Don't forget to visit her blog here: http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment