Friday, August 20, 2010

Diva Feather Flowers by Vicky A.!

I am so happy be a featured artist and contributing artist for Ideas for Scrapbookers this month. I have seen many of my scrappy idols featured here. To celebrate this event I have made a brand new layout "beautiful", and brand new flower tutorial "Diva Feather Flowers" further in this post.


Here is a close up of the feather flower for the tutorial described below. This layout also features embellies from my Etsy shop opening today! My shop is listed under my full name vickyalberto at http://www.etsy.com/shop/vickyalberto.


OK, so on to the tutorial. I was inspired to make these diva feather flowers when I was thinking back to my aunt Lucy's little feather slippers... you know the kind I mean... the ultra sexy kind.

To get started you'll need 7-8 short craft feathers, one medium and one large punched and inked paper flower (any die cut with separated petals will do), tweezers, water for misting (or color mist instead of inking) and glue. My flowers are 2 and 3 inches for these. You'll also need a brad or decorative center of choice to polish it off.


Step 1: As with most of my flowers, lightly water mist the flowers and using your tweezers... twist and push the petals towards the middle, then give it a slight pinch into place. Let completely dry.



Step 2: Slightly unravel the petals of your flowers and glue feathers in the petal separations of the larger flower. Let dry.



Step 3: Glue the medium flower onto the large feathered flower and then also glue a few feathers to just to fill in blank spots. You may need to cut your feathers (or pull of the tips) if they are too long for the top layer. Let dry.


Finally, add your brad or decorative center and then you're done!



Hope you enjoy these fun little embellies and thanks for stopping by. If you want to check out my other flower tutorial, they are list on the top right side of my blog at http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.com.


(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT VICKY)


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what pretty flowers, those are neat feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great tutorial vicky!!! you totally rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore this layout - my daughter will look beautiful in it too :)

    ReplyDelete