Tuesday, July 3, 2012

WELCOME our Newest Contributors!!

As you know I put out a call for a few new contributors and I was blown away by the talent I got in my inbox. I seriously was nervous b/c I could only add three people and there were so many great scrapbook artists and ideas! Let me say that I honestly wanted to add everyone.. but that is just not possible. Thanks for all those who sent me emails, you guys are amazing. I went over and over the applicants and chose three scrapbookers whose ideas fit what the blog needs. So, it's time to announce the new faces of the blog.

Anupama Choudary is our first newest artist. Her neat style and attention to detail really caught my eye. I know you will love her ideas coming soon! Here is her bio and two layouts she created. Also please visitg Anupama's blog here: http://www.scrapbooksfromindia.blogspot.com/


Hi, my name is Anupama Choudary and I live in India. I am married to an actor and we have two children - a girl aged 6 and a boy aged 4. I am a trained Interior Designer and did my Masters Program in Business Administration. However, I am an artist at heart and found my true calling when I accidentally discovered scrapbooking while net-surfing in early 2010. Scrapbooking is an art form alien to India and my biggest challenge lies in getting supplies shipped here. I started Once Upon A Time in 2011 to make artist-edition scrapbooks
and frames on order. Participating in online challenges and blogging have opened up my world and I now have beautiful friends from  Puerto Rico to Stockholm to Sydney! 
I started scrapping in the shabby-chic style initially but am finding myself drawn to mixed-media more and more lately. I am thankful to be a part of IFS and hope to inspire & be inspired, in turn, on this creative journey. 


 ____________________________

Gael Spence is our next contributor.  Her beautiful layered style and use of techniques was evident in the work she sent me. Gael has lots of neat ideas to share with blog readers. You can see her work at her gallery here at scrapbook.com. Here is Gael's bio, photo and two pages!

My name is Gaelene (Gael) Spence and I’ve been scrapping for about 8 years and love it. 
I live in Tasmania, an island to the south of mainland Australia. 
I have a wonderfully supportive husband, Ron who has just upgraded my scrap room to include lots of more storage. 
We have 2 adult daughters who are now living in Melbourne, which is an hour flight from us.
Over the last few years Ron & I have been bitten by the travel bug and so a lot of my LO feature photos from our trips. 
My style changes and it really depends on the photos I’m working with at the time.  I love to try different techniques and textures.
I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to be a contributing artist at IFS.  


  ____________________________

Last but not least is our newest contributing artis, Ina Bela . She creates really gorgeous cards and altered items that will really inspire you in the coming months! You can see more of her work on her blog here: http://inasplacecardsandcrafts.blogspot.com/
Next, is her bio and examples of her work! Enjoy!


 My name is Ina Bela.From Dominican Republic.
Am an Interior/Graphic Designer.
Am a reliable person.A little shy at first.Peace lover.Honest,trustful and a little bit emotional.Romantic and idealist.
Love cats,Nature,sunsets.
I enjoy the beach,music, dancing and going to the movie.
My hobbies are photography,puzzles,reading,tennis,volleyball and scrapping.
I've been doing crafts since 2010 and I love making cards most of all, things with paper,felt and foam.
Also my favs things are fashion design,jewelry design,history,architecture and anything related to design.Am a creative person.


 
Again congrats to all of our newest contributors!!


11 comments:

  1. Welcome, ladies!
    Looking forward seeing your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome, ladies. looking forward to your creations and getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! sure was a difficult decision for Pam!.... a lot of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,girls for the warm welcome (:
    I'll do my best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all three ladies but an extra special so to my beautiful friend Anupama! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the newest contributers! I can't wait to see what you have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome ladies! So fun to have you joining us. Looking forward to all your wonderful art!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome talent here, love my dear friend Anupama, she will bring so much artristry and emotion to the group!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the IFS team. I am so looking foward to seeing your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete