Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Sketch and Template with Strips!

Hi, it's Dolores here today to share another sketch and template using strips of paper.  This design is a great way to use up scraps of paper or just a fun way to include lots of color in your pages.  Here is my sketch.


My sketch is based on using four different papers to build the staggered row of strips across the page.  I have created two samples with this sketch/template, here is the first.


This page was created with a beautiful natural kit by Krystal Hartley called A Happy Thought.  I love the calm blues, greens and neutrals.  My second sample using the template was done by rotating the template 90 degrees counter clockwise. 


For this page I chose a darker background and let my strips of paper be brighter colors.  This page was created with a lovely kit by LDrag Designs called Vintage Dreams.  I altered my sketch/template slightly by dropping the banner and adding a few elements on the left side of the page.  If you'd like the template I created in PhotoShop you can download it from either of the two file sharing sites below.

MediaFire:  ds-template-24.psd

Hope you enjoy the sketch/template!  Have a great day scrapping!



9 comments:

  1. Such an amazing sketch! I love, LOVE your two examples!!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the template and also for the ideas you gave, I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design and I love how you showcased different ways to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch and beautiful layouts! I know yours is digital, but as a paper scrapper I love this as a way to use up the last little bits from a beloved collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great template, didn't thank you when I downloaded as I knew I was going to used part of it. Figured I would just let you know where my layout was. It's called Out For A Swim by makeyesup and has been posted at Scrapbook Max. Will also be posting it at Digital Scrapbook Pages. Thanks for your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this to bits, Dolores! Can't wait to create this with my paper scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great template - thank you for your generousity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becoming a Template Convert! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete