Friday, July 27, 2012

Scrapbooking on the Go


Cindy here! Like many scrappers, I have a hard time finding enough uninterrupted time in the scraproom to create, especially during the summer. Between vacations and school being out, scrapbooking takes a back seat. I've discovered that I can make better use of my limited time by planning my layouts and making sketches outside of the scraproom.

I carry a notebook with me at all times so that I can sketch and plan when inspiration strikes me. During our trip to my inlaws' cabin (where we did the Photo Scavenger Hunt), I brought along a notebook and sketched some layout designs. (You can see them here). Once I got home, it only took a few minutes each to convert those rough pencil sketches into clean digital versions, using Open Office Draw.

Here's one of the sketches I made and the layout it inspired:





Here's another of the sketches I drew while on vacation:


I used the sketch for the page about our 8th anniversary celebration in Napa.


It's amazing how quickly my pages came together with the sketches done ahead of time!


1 comment:

  1. I fighting with myself all the time over the same issue!

    ReplyDelete