Hey, it's Pam here talking about something I just went through. It's hard when you are in a scrap slump.. let me say it was quite a number of months since I created a page!! I just couldn't find the motivation and I was getting frustrated.. so I finally decided to do something about it. Before I share with you how I got motivated again, here is one of the layouts I created this week! I will share the other one below the ideas.
1. My first tip on how I got out of my scrap slump is related to this page! Do you use pinterest??? If not you would get so many cool ideas from it. I have a boards (check it out here) and three specific boards I have to inspire me with scrap pages: Design 101, Color Me Pretty, and Crafty Inspiration. It really helped me get out of my slump!
2. Scrap out of order. In the page above these are super new photos and I have older ones that still need to be scrapped, but I thought why not scrap out of order.. what is really stopping me :)
3. Go the scrap store and just buy a few things that all match rather than just browse shopping. That is what I did. I had a few photos in mind and bought for that. It made it so much easier when I had it right in front of me.
4.Go themeless. Sometimes the pages that don't have a specific theme like birthday, Christmas, fall, etc can be daunting. Try just scrapping some happy photos of you and your family or friends.
5. Get inspiration from sketches. There are a ton of them out there.. and even here. Just check the right hand side bar and you will see sketch/templates by the contributors and I.
6. Create a layout with your favorite color scheme. I did that with my "Little Ollie" page below. I actually chose the colors BEFORE I chose the photos and theme. It made it that much more fun!!
7. And last but not least, to get out of your slump you might need to step away from the scrap room, magazines, galleries, boards etc. That way you can get a FRESH start! I tried that for a few days and created the layout below!
Happy scrapping and hope this post inspires you!!