Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Designer Showcase: Handmade Embellishments

Have we got a treat for you this week.  Todays' Designer Showcase is all about handmade embellies!  Let's jump right in and get things rolling.
Speaking of rolling, check out the wheels on this adorable baby coach made by Vicky.  A few layered flowers, a button and a rose to top it off.  What a great idea!  I'm really liking the idea of presenting the baby's picture in the pram too!  Very sweet!

Vicky has also shared this pretty page with us. Lots of details to take in. Get a "wave" at that fan in the corner.  Made with an accordion pleated paper strip.  Clever!

Looking for the perfect pumpkin?  Cindy made hers for this page. She cut them out free-hand.  But wait, it gets even better. This will "leaf" you in awe.....  she also free-hand cut the tree!  Wow Cindy is brave.  Amazing job on these!

On this page, Cindy created the tissue paper flower accents.  What a great way to re-purpose and "bloom" all at the same time.  Looks like she had a great time celebrating craft month too!

Are you getting over the shock of the incredible free-hand tree that Cindy cut?  Well you'd better sit down!  She made this giraffe using some yellow patterned paper and a brown pen!  Now that's a "tall" order of talent there!

Nancy is sharing this gorgeous project with us.  She took a grapevine pumpkin and added a whole bunch of hand made flowers!  Some rolled roses, some layered punched petals, and I see some cut out leaves.  Let's get a closer look...
Wow!  Now that is what you call a "great pumpkin"!! Somebody should let Charlie Brown know we've found it!

I'm sharing a gift box that I topped off with some glass roses that I made from cardstock.  Well they are not really glass, but they kind of look like it!

I hope you've enjoyed these handmade embellishment ideas!  As always, we enjoy seeing and sharing your creations too. If you'd like to share a project with handmade embellishments, just email it to me at scrappycath at gmail dot com.  We'll feature you on a future Readers Pages post!


5 comments:

  1. I have to admit... I was a pinning fool on this post! Love all the ideas, reminders of what can be done..just an all around great post this morning of all the neat things paper can do with a little creativity behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what everyone made! Cathy, I need a tutorial for making tha 'glass' rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh that IS a great pumpkin! Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational projects ladies. I love them to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those that have been asking and any one interested, I do have a tutorial for the glass flowers on my blog here: http://scrappycath.blogspot.com/2010/04/glass-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete