Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Designer Showcase: Halloween

Hallowe'en, Hallowe'en,
Strangest sights I've ever seen,
Witches hat, coal-black cats,
Ghosts and goblins,
Mice and rats!

This weeks Designer Showcase is all about Halloween.  We've got scary, spooky, fun and sweet treats for you! 

Cindy is sharing 4 pages with us. This first one really captured the fun of this Halloween party.  The block design gave her plenty of room to include several photos and jounraling.  She even put in some scary bats!  The way she tilted the large block is a really clever way to add interest and whimsy to the page.


Check out all the fun that Cindy packed into this page!  This clean and simple style lets the photos tell the story.  I'm a sucker for pages with multiple photos, and I just adore the mixture on this page.  The little striped trim and curved corners to the title/journal block are just the right accent for this page.

Look at this trick. Cindy has used a similar block style as the previous page, but she has included one larger photo on the bottom row.  And she balanced her page with the scattering of pumpkin embellies.  In her title, she has mixed alphas together. I think that really adds even more fun to this page!

In this final example, Cindy has laid out the story in a sequence of photos. What a great way to really capture that memory.  I love the torn edge of the paper mat, makes me think of all the scraping to get the seeds and gunk out of the pumpkin.

Heather has a few pages to scare with us.  I mean share with us!  3 Spooky pumpkins?  I don't think so. Now that spider? That's another story!  That gives me the creeps!  I love how it really looks to be hanging from a cobweb on the page.  I also really like the use of the Kraft colored paper background with patterned papers as the accents.

With a title like "Spookie - Pookie" there's nothing spooky about this page. It's all cute through and through!  From the adorable photos, which look great in black and white, to the cute little embellies, this whole page just "eeeks" with cuteness.

Dolores made this adorable digital page. The curved green and purple strips look just like a pathway for her little trick-or-treater to skip along.  I love the way she positioned the gorgeous flourishes. They are like the magic dust blowing in the Autumn wind coming off the little faerie in the picture!

Vicky has shared this Halloween page. Her title is an appropriate description of her page "cuter than most". This is about the most shabby chic Halloween page I've ever seen.  What an adorable photo, that costume is just too cute! I love the way Vicky has place a flower as if the baby is holding it.  The lace embellies are so perfect a match for the fuzziness of the costume.  This is total eye candy!

Nancy is sharing a couple of seasonal cards to get us inspired. Isn't it great how she combines the vintage images with modern embellies? Really darling.  These would be a sweet greeting to send out, or great journaling spots for a Halloween layout.  That's double sweet!


A little something creepy to leave you with.... I used digital goodies to create a wall calendar. Once I have all the months made up, I'll print it out, bind it and I've got a wonderful Christmas present.  What's so creepy about that? It's for the 2012 calendar and there are only 74 days left in this year!!!  Time is flying by like all these little ghosts and goblins.

We hope we have inspired you to get creating your Halloween projects!  







4 comments:

  1. I love the diversity! So fun to see so many Halloween projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages ladies! Thank you all so very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete