Friday, November 13, 2009

Layout Technique & $25 GC RAK by Lydia Siegel!

First of all I want to say thanks to Pam for asking me to be a small yet BIG part of her blog. I'm very honored. So with that said.....I'M TAKING OVER !

Once I found out that Pam wanted to featured me I started to think of what I could share with you all. Well Pam, sent me this wonder template to use and OF COURSE I couldn't resist (as always)!


(The first and second images are the actual templates to print out - click the image to get a larger picture and then save or print. To learn how to use templates read the text on the right-hand bar.)


(The third image is the actual sketch if you want the option to do that)


Here is the digital layered template for Photoshop:
http://www.4shared.com/file/188607983/361bda18/pc_flower_template.html

But before I get to show you what I've done with it, I'm going to show you close-ups and how to use some scrap supplies you might have laying around. What I used was some chipboard, maya roads mist/glimmer mist, acrylic paint, a paint brush,and a needle/paper piercer of some kind. As long as you can stab into the chipboard, but not all the way. Just enough to get a grip like so.


First, I took my mist and sprayed over the chipboard or what some like to call masking. I did this over the area I wanted on my cardstock.


Then, what I did was dip my chipboard into some paint. This is where, if you prefer, you can use your paint brush to paint on the chipboard. What I'm doing is making a stamp with my chipboard, since I don't have a stamp in the shape I want. This is where you make use of some scrappy supplies.


Here is my finish layout.

So if you are ever in a rut or need a stamp, but don't have it, CHECK your chipboards! Who knows, you might have the shape you need in there. Just one last thing.

Leave a comment and I will pick one lucky person to win a $25 gift certificate to
Scrapbook.com! I will give you all till midnight Sunday Eastern time to enter.

Well thanks for letting me share with you all.
Thanks,
Lydia

(read her introduction here)

49 comments:

  1. very fun layout...i really like the idea of using the chipboard shapes as stamps...thats such a creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout Lydia! Love the colors and how you did the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute idea!!!!!!
    lisa
    countrychickl@yahoomca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to scrapbooking but I'm quickly needing more stuff! I like the misters, they let you change the paper and essentially get more out of your papers. I've been trying to avoid chipboard, more stuff to buy, but this makes double uses out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love having the step-by-step instructions, and with photos no less! Loved seeing what you did with that cute sketch too. I want to give this one a try, for sure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea to try your chipboard as a stamp. I love your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tutorial I love this idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout! Love the idea of using chipboard pieces as a stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial and awesome layout, Lydia!!! You did such a fabulous job with the sketch! I LOVE the idea of using my ((tons))of chipboard for stamping! Super idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great tutorial!! I love the masking. I have just started playing with the mists. I must do this! Using chipboard as a stamp is a cool idea!! Your LO is fabulous. I love the finished product!! Samantha is such a cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a really cute idea. I will be using it on my next layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love ways to use my scraps. Thanks for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Tutorial....and I love the template Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool technique. Thanks for sharing. Great LO too:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing all the detail on your awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that gripper idea is such a good tip!! Duh, why didn't I think of that? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome tutorial, lydia!! YOU ROCK! :) ...and i'm so happy that you are today's featured artist!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cool is that! TFS the great tutoiral! I just adore this template and know I'll be using it soon! Your layout is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for the tutorial . ~Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. rofl I can't type today. I meant to say that layout is beatiful and the little girl is a cutie pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is awesome! thanks for the great tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. awesome page...love the way you "think out of the box" with the leftover chipboard scraps. Way to make everything have a purpose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, that is such a great way to paint chipboard without getting yourself all messy (even with a paintbrush I end up with paint all over me or all over my desk). I'm totally trying that. Great lo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is such a cute layout. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for the step-by-step, it helps a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. super cute! I will have to try all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is great. I love all the added techniques shared. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the masking i just got into masks and your technique opens up a ton of doors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. awesome! LOVE that sketch and layout and techniques ... great work lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  32. cool! I think I just saw someone use in the SB.com gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE THAT LO!!! She is so beautiful! You know I always want to use stamps but never seem to have the one I really want, I never even thought to use chipboard! Also, If I dont have the shape I want I could cut something with my cricut, DUH! LOL Thanks for sharing and im making a note to stick on my desk to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this sketch. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the masking...never have given that one a try...I might just be inspired;0) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Do you know I've never tried masking!? You make me want to! Your layout came out absolutely adorable Lydia. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  37. What an adorable LO! I never would have thought to use my chipboard as a stamp... that's opened up all kinds of new doors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. ohhh Girl how fabulous. I would never thought about using chipboard stamps. Very cool. Off to find that template you used from at the hip

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love scrapbook.com! Thanks!

    creativechretin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a great lo. I sooo love it. I already have an idea for my lo...now if I could just get my pics in the mail! = )

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful page, Lydia! LOVE your paint job! And that template is great. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I never thought of using chipboard as a stamp. What a terrific idea. Thanks so much for all the great tips and pics.

    ~ Izzyb

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome ideas to use Chipboard for a stamp! I love the sketches too! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This lo is so cute! I love the idea to use use chipboard as a stamp, I have never seen that before! Love the design too, thanks for sharing this adorable lo!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great layout. One of my current scrapping goals is to use the masking technique. You're explanation makes it so simple. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Adorable layout and great tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete