Wednesday, November 4, 2009
For me, most scrapbook projects are not complete without stitching. Stitching adds that additional element of creativity. It can add that punch of color or act as the last embellishment needed to complete the overall look and balance of the project. It makes me happy to put the extra time and effort into my projects.
You can use typical embroidery floss, or for added flair, such as I have done on this LO, you can use sheer ribbon. I made this LO simple with a few left over scraps from other projects, rub-on words and flowers. To get the stitched effect...
1. I traced a dinner plate with a light pencil mark.
2. I added foam board under my page to pad for easy piercing.
3. I used a paper piercer and punched holes about 1/4" apart all around the circle.
4. Using a large hole needle and sheer ribbon, I sewed around, in a simple in and out motion, leaving a little fullness between each hole.
5. I tied the ends together and included the charm in the knot.
Layout titled: Reasons I Love You
By: Delaina Burns