Monday, April 22, 2013

How to extend your photo to make a scene on your scrapbook page

Good morning fellow scrapbookers.  Sharon here.  I am very excited to be posting for the very first time here on Ideas for Scrapbookers!  I want to show you how I made one of my favorite  layouts, very simply, just by extending my photo onto the scrapbook page to create a scene on your page.

I started with the photo that inspired my page. Here is the picture that I wanted to use - it was taken on Easter Sunday in our backyard, and is of our daughter, Anne:


When I looked at the photo, I was struck by how much she has grown in the past few years, and wanted to create a special page to commemorate this.  You can pick any photo that inspires you!

I started with Echo Park "So Happy Together" patterned paper that I had in my stash:


I used this paper because it had a cute scene already started.  I didn't want the (cute) truck in my scene, but I wasn't worried because Anne's picture was going to cover it up.

Next, I decided that I wanted to extend the fence in the background of my photo onto my page.  I did this by cutting up an old piece of Dusty Attic chipboard that I had on hand.  You can use stickers, or whatever you have, or you can even draw your own fence it you want to!


I used the right side of this chipboard piece in the past, and this one was just waiting to be used.  So I cut it up and used the pieces to make my fence.

I had some burlap left-over from other projects, and I pulled it apart to make my "grass."  


Finally, I also had some Donna Salazar patterned paper that looked just like the deck, so I cut it to look like the deck complete my scene.

I added a sticker strip from the "So Happy Together" collection to the bottom of my scene.  I wanted to create flowers there.



and to finish my title and journaling, I used some very old Daisy D's rub-ons that I had from years ago!  I wanted to continue with the "whimsical" feel by used these fun rub-ons!


Next, I put everything together to make this simple and easy layout:


Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking a peak at my page.  I hope that you can find inspiration to make your own scene!  It's really easy!


VISIT THE CONTRIBUTOR'S BLOGS/GALLERIES
Cathy Dippolito
Dolores Schaeffer
Cindy deRosier
Marlene Murphy
Lesley Walker
Gael Spence
Sarah Routledge
Sharon Fritchman
Tanya Ham
Sheila Burns
Pam Callaghan





8 comments:

  1. What a unique idea! I love the "grass" and fence behind your daughter! I never thought of this and will have to try it. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is awesome!!! I love the grass idea as well, gives it such a rustic feel!!! That paper is just fantastic, love how you covered up what you didn't need!

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever! I love the finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness!!! HOW CREATIVE!!!! I would've never thought of this! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the most creative thing!! I love it. Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous idea Sharon! This layout is amazing and Anne is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, really awesome and creative ! Thanks for sharing this !!

    ReplyDelete