Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Designer Showcase: Sun, Clouds, Rain, etc

Hello all. Pam here sharing this week's designer showcase inspiration and I know these projects will knock your socks off!!  The weather is changing outside and in North America spring is upon us, and it's getting slowly warmer. Here are some weather inspired projects to inspire your next scrapbook project.


Sharon, one of our newest contributors is sharing this totally amazing project. Check out how she used the sun and sky in this project. I would totally frame this and put it up in my family room!! Here is how Sharon created this "My project is entitled "the sun with sine again . . ."  I made this page as part of an on-line class that I took to learn more about mixed media techniques and art journaling.  The class was entitled "Mixed Emotions, and the emotion that I attempted to portray here is "Loneliness,"  because even in a big city among lots of people, you can feel lonely!    I started with a 12 X 12 piece of heavy white cardstock.  I adhered torn paper, cheese cloth, and masking tape to my carstock with Mod Podge, then painted it with white gesso.  After allowing the Mod Podge and Gesso to dry, I added spray mists, then I tilted my page to get the 'drippy" effect.   My sun was adhered with masking tape. Next, I added the skyline to my page using a photo transfer technique.  I printed my photo on inexpensive white printer paper, cut the image out, and placed it on my page at a slight angle to get the effect I wanted.  Here is a video that I followed to help me learn more about the photo transfer technique:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K_cfJoJYQvU 
The last and final step was to write my title on my page using a black sharpie pen." 
Love it? I do too!!

Sheila, another new contributor created this lovely page using a sun and cloud. Notice how cool this vintage colored photo is and the papers she chose to coordinate with it. I just love the whole feel to this page!! The pop of yellow in various places in just enough to move your eyes along the page.


The beautiful card was created by Cindy. Loving the clouds with the butterflies along with the whimsical "thanks for all you do...". The background is a lovely sky like pattern. Just the perfect card to brighten someone's day.



Tanya created this lovely sunshine themed card. I am so lovin' the look of the swirly clouds with the sun peeking out. Here is how she created that cool look, " I cut the sun and clouds with my Silhouette Cameo.  I used my Cuttlebug with a swiss dot embossing folder for the sun.  I then inked the inside of the d'vine swirls embossing folder, and ran the clouds through.  I stamped my sentiment, edged my clouds with a silver marker and layered my die cut pieces with foam adhesive." Supplies:  cardstock by Colorbok and DCWV; paper by Doodlebug Design; embossing folders by Cuttlebug; ink, dazzle marker by Stampin' UP!; ink by StazOn; sun, clouds cut with Silhouette Cameo, stamp (bring on the sun) by Technique Tuesday




Here are two lovely weather inspired pages by Lesley. Each pages shares with us the feeling of being outdoors right there with her. I like how she extends the flowers out from both photos and sticks to the color palette of each page so well. These pages really get my in the mood for summer!!  



Cathy created this next innovative mixed media project. Check out all of the cool detailing between the dimensional sun to the texture on the clouds. Also the house just pops right off the page.. this is somewhere I would love to visit, it looks so cozy!!


Gael created this beautiful sunset page. That photo is just plain stunning. I have a special place in my heart for sunsets. I love that sweet bird border the top and photo accented with a few pale flowers. The page focuses right on the photo but still has some great detailing.


Here is a page by that I created. I used my silhouette to cut out a design that I created in Photoshop. I had just bought some new, fresh products at the store and I knew they would go perfectly with my page. The collection Snippets by Studio Calico is a great addition for spring!!



I hope you are inspired by these projects!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love each and every project posted today!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! I love how different they all are - so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are all such amazing projects!!!

    ReplyDelete