Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Designer Showcase: Cool Ways to Journal

It's Pam sharing this week's designer showcase which is one of my favorite topics, journaling! When I first started scrapbooking, I rarely if ever journaled. I wish I would have journaling for more of pages at the time. Recording the thoughts on a page closer to the date it was taken would be nice to look at. Here the first bright idea for you. If you can't think how to put journaling on your page, jot it down quickly on the back of your layout. It is covered anyway, so no one will see your scribble except you, or the person who takes out your page to take a peek! :)
Ok, time to get on to more cool ways to journal. Have you ever been stuck trying to find a creative way to journal on your page? If so take a look a these neat ideas and let them inspire you on your next page.


BRIGHT IDEA #1: Let your subject create the journaling!
Tanya created this first page. She did something so cool that I have not thought of before. Tanya picked a friend to scrapbook and emailed her ten questions to answer. That friend emailed her back and Tanya used those answers to journal on to her page. I have done this before for my family, but never my friends! I love this idea!! Let's see her page!


BRIGHT IDEAS #2: Journal around a cool shape in a small font.
Lesley created our next page and did something cool! She journaled around the outlining shape! This rocks because it really flows well with her page. Also her journaling is small but works well with the design. Let's hear what she had to say additionally about her page,"I like to work with white card stock backgrounds lately, and add colour with small amounts of paper and embellishments.  the paper I have used today is the 'Blue China' brand.  the fancy circle behind the top right photo was cut using the Martha Stewart new circle punches, Half way down the page on each side I have used Washi Tape which I am really loving, it resembles a distressed stamp so much, I have used two stamps on the page, bottom right is a Close To the Heart stamp and the other one which I've used twice, is a Kaisercraft stamp."


BRIGHT IDEA #3: Create invisible border to journal on.
Sharon completed our next example. She also journaled around a shape but part of the border invisible! I love that she used right angles and it reminds me of the theme of her page: a sports page. Also notice those cool ball shapes coming from the photo!


BRIGHT IDEA #4: Record onto journaling strips and blend into border.
Her is another page by Sharon.  This is cool because she lined up her journaled with the banner strips. It love the effect of this because not only are you drawn to her photos but also the journaling. The overall design of the page realy pops!!


BRIGHT IDEA #5: Journal inside a shape that lifts up.
Marlene created this adorable page! Her page is creative in so many ways, but if you notice, Marlene journaled inside the truck that had hinges to have the back lifted up. This ties in so well to her adorable themed page. You can see the layout and then journaling example on the bottom right side. 


BRIGHT IDEA #6: Create hidden journaling.
This next idea was created by Gael. I love this overall design and the fact that you can pull out that journaling from inside the photo.  The second photo reveals how the journaling looks! Don't you just love this. It fits perfectly for this beautiful page.


BRIGHT IDEA #7: Use list style journaling.
Cindy made this layout which featured list style journaling. I must admit, this is one of my favorite ways to journal. I love lists! Check out how neat her page turned out. Lists help keep you thoughts straight while journaling while getting in all that you have to say ;)


BRIGHT IDEA #8: Cut out each letter in journaling and use journaling as title.
Another page by Cindy shows us a super cool way to journal. Try cutting out each letter to create a really neat page. I love how her journaling is also the title!! This is cool and I have not tried this one before ... to make my journaling the title.


I hope you have enjoyed all of these journaling ideas!! Your turn: do you have a neat way to journal and want to be featured on the blog? Simply email me at scrappingpam73@yahoo.com and tell me your idea! Have a super day!



VISIT THE CONTRIBUTOR'S BLOGS/GALLERIES
Cathy Dippolito
Dolores Schaeffer
Cindy deRosier
Marlene Murphy
Lesley Walker
Gael Spence
Sarah Routledge
Sharon Fritchman
Tanya Ham
Sheila Burns
Pam Callaghan
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, so many great ideas!! I love how they blend with the designs, offer interaction and all help to record life's moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all these ideas!!! I piggy-backed this subject today on my blog post, sharing pages I've made with different journal ideas. I need to jot a few of these down too!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful wrap-up for different ways to journal! So many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the "bright ideas!" They are all so creative and worth noting for the next time I have writers' block!!

    ReplyDelete