Ok, so now that you have your handy ruler and protractor, start with your desired piece or pieces of papers. I chose only one color for an easy tutorial, but you can do this with a bunch of colors.. just cut out all pieces in one color and trace each shape onto a different desired patterned paper :).
1. measure out the middle of the paper and mark it. I originally started with a 12" by 12" and the middle was 6" inches. But eventually I decided I wanted a border, so I made my layout 11" long and the midpoint would be 5.5.
2. Next, get out that handy protractor. I decided to measure and mark at every 30 degrees. So, first line it up so the mark you made is right underneath that circle on the bottom of the protractor.
3. Next, mark on the top of the protractor at 15, 45, 75, 105, 135, and 165 degrees like I show here.
4. Now it's time for connect the dots. Remember that first dot you made at 5.5"? You are going to connect that to each mark and make a line.
5. For my page, I wanted a space in between each sunburst, so I thickened each line to about 1/8 of an inch. This photo doesn't show it quite thick enough yet (I didn't get a photo of that, but you get the idea).
6. Now just cut out each burst and glue it on your background. As I noted before, if you want to alter the colors, just simply trace your shape onto a new piece of paper.
Now, just finish off your page. Here is mine :) TFL!! I used my new favorite patterned paper collection called 24/seven by Simple Stores. I LOVEEEE this collection!!!!!
Send me a page if you use this technique :)
VISIT THE CONTRIBUTOR'S BLOGS/GALLERIES