Monday, April 1, 2013

Welcoming Three New Contributors!!

Hey all, Pam here sharing three brand new contributors. As you know I love when we introduce new blog authors and we thought the day after spring break would be a great time! Get ready for three new fresh faces to the blog who will inspire you with their posts and ideas ;) . Each comes to the blog with different and unique styles! :))

First up is Sheila Burns. Sheila was a guest contributor twice for us and we are excited that she is going to be a contributing artist now!  Sheila had a great such a neat style of scrapping. I like the colors and techniques she incorporates on her pages. Let's get to know Sheila through her through some fun questions that I asked her and two of her favorite projects below. Don't forget to visit blog here: http://parttimepretties.blogspot.com/ to learn more about her and to see more of her awesome crafts.

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. 
Currently, I am a stay at home mom whose kids (the subjects of almost all my pages!)go to school, so many days when my "home" jobs are done, I find myself wandering into my craft room! I have taught middle/high school English as well as elementary reading so you may guess that another of my favorite hobbies is reading! I mostly read novels though I love a good biography too. My kids also love reading, so we spend a lot of time at the library. I flew on a plane for the first time last year---it was worth overcoming my fear to experience new things with my family! I also love to play Yahtzee, Scrabble, and browse Pinterest! I am very happy to be part of the Ideas for Scrapbookers team so I can share my projects with you! 

2 How long have you been scrapbooking? How did you get started? 
 I have been scrapping for about eleven years. I actually went to a party where scrapbook supplies were being sold, so I started with some really fancy tools---some wavy scissors and a stencil set! My main goal then was to cram as many pictures as I could on one page. I like to think that my style has evolved since then (thank goodness!).  

3. What is your favorite thing about being crafty? 
 I do like to craft on my own, but being crafty has led me to many new friendships. About once a month, approximately 12 of us gather for an eight hour crop. I love my group and am so fortunate to know them.  

4. What are you favorite products or brands? 
This changes all the time! Right now, I love Heidi Swapp's Color Shine Spritzes. I use them often. I also have rediscovered my stamps after a long time of sort of forgetting I had them! I find I am stamping on layouts now, which I have not typically done before. 

 5. Do you have a favorite scrapbook font? Nope---I rarely use my computer when I scrapbook. I always mean to, but I forget. Journaling is something that I am always working on...sometimes I think journaling and choosing a title are the most difficult and stressful parts of scrapbooking. When I do journal, I mostly use my own handwriting.



  
______________


Next up is Tanya Ham. We feel so happy that Tanya is joining ifs as a contributor and know she will make a great part of the team. I know you will find her projects inspiring. I enjoy looking at how well put together Tanya's pages are! I really like that clean look to her pages with embellishments in just the right pages ;). Let's get to know Tanya more and please visit her blog at: http://tanyaham.blogspot.com/ for so much more inspiration! Time to get to know her better.. below are answers to some questions and two fav. projects by Tanya!


1.  Tell us a little bit about yourself. 
I am a happy wife, with 3 beautiful children - all furry and four-legged! ;)  My dogs are my kids, and very much a part of our family.  We have a Boxer, an American Bulldog and a Staffie-mix.  We live in a suburb of Oklahoma City and stay very busy with our friends and family (5 nephews & a niece).  We are very big fans of OU Football, UFC and OKC Thunder Basketball.  We love to travel, listen to all kinds of music, watch movies, and enjoy being at the lake during the summer.  I have a blog, Creative Endeavors, and also have a Facebook page for it.  It's been such a wonderful experience connecting with so many others interested and passionate about the same things as I am! 

2.  How long have you been scrapbooking?  How did you get started?
I began keeping photo albums over 25 years ago, using the old magnetic page albums.  I used office labels for photo captions or journalling, stickers to decorate and paint pens for doodling.  I like to think I was head of the times! :)  In 1998, I bought my first patterned paper and wavy scissors, and haven't looked back!  My first projects were converting all those photo albums into scrapbooks, and I've worked chronologically ever since.  My first album was 8.5x11, and that is what I have continued with through the years, almost exclusively doing 2-page layouts.  

3.  What is your favorite thing about being crafty?
For me, it's a constructive outlet.  I am such a sentimental soul, and love preserving memories (be it day-to-day, or annual holidays) in a creative, artful way.  Combining photography and art to document stories and moments in life is the ultimate way to express yourself.  I also love being able to share my passion with others, whether through a handmade card, a gift album, a blog post, or connecting with others across the world who enjoy papercrafting as much as I do! 

4.  What are your favorite products or brands?
I am a Doodlebug junkie!!  There's no other way to say it.  I get excited about every one of their products, collections and releases.  It appeals to me because of the bright, fun colors, great quality, variety and simplicity of each collection or product.  I feel like the development and use of their 12 core colors, and basing every product or collection off that for over a decade is pure genius.  Coming in for a close tie in 2nd place, for similar reasons, are Bella Blvd and Echo Park.  I gravitate toward bright colors and classic prints (stripes, dots, plaids, etc), since they are so versatile.  I also LOVE my Silhouette Cameo!  It has revolutionized my whole scrapbooking process.  I recently upgraded to the Designer Edition software, and continue to learn new features, or ways to use this amazing machine.  I have to mention a few other favorites ... Queen &; Co, Technique Tuesday stamps, old KI Memories, Lawn Fawn, My Mind's Eye and Fancy Pants. 

5.  Do you have a favorite scrapbook font?
I LOVE fonts, I have a bit of an obsession.  Some of my favorites, especially to cut with my Cameo, are Smiley Monster, LDJ Noodge and Japan.  For journalling, I recently found a new font artist (By The Butterfly), and have been using a few of hers a lot - Puppy Bellies, Yummy Cupcakes, Cutie Patootie and Life's A Beach are my current favorites.


  
______________
Last but not least is Sharon Fritchman. We are really looking forward to having Sharon aboard... she has a lot to offer through her techniques and style. She does stuff that I have no idea how she does it. I can't wait to learn how! You can visit her blog to see more of her projects at: http://www.thatgirlfritchey.blogspot.com/  . Let's get to know Sharon better through the questions and two her favorite projects below. 
 
1.  Tell us a little bit about yourself: 
Well, lets see, I am a wife and have been married for 23 years; mother of 2 beautiful daughters, one 18 and one 10; I am a registered nurse by day, and crafter by night!  I live in Pennsylvania and have lived here most of my life.  I really love the changing seasons and am looking forward to Spring!  

2.  How long have you been scrapbooking?  How did you get started?  
I have been scrapbooking for about 10 years.  I got interested in scrapbooking during the process of adopting our second daughter from China.  I learned about making a "Lifebook" for adopted children, and while I was making Anne's Lifebook, I became addicted to scrapbooking, and haven't stopped since! 

3.  What is your favorite thing about being crafty?  
I love being able to make things for my family and friends.  I really like giving a homemade gift from my heart. 

4.  What are your favorite products or brands?  I have always loved Basic Grey and Jenni Bowlin products, and have recently inherited a new favorite:   Echo Park!  

5.  Do you have a favorite scrapbook font? 
I like vintage looks and have always loved the typewriter font that I received when I first start scrapping:  I got this font from Lisa Bearnson at Creating Keepsakes!





We are so looking forward to having Sharon, Tanya and Sheila aboard!!


6 comments:

  1. It was so fun to read more about Sheila and Tanya! I am so excited to be a part of your awesome team, Pam and Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to all three of you! I can't wait to see what you share here at IFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very exciting day for me! Thank you all so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tanya! I can't wait to see what you put out there for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so excited to have you ladies joining the team! Our readers are going to have even more wonderful creative inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats girls, it's really nice & creative ! Love it so much !! Keep goin' !!

    ReplyDelete