Thursday, August 30, 2012

A ShabbyChic Page in 7 easy steps


I made this Shabby Chic layout in a frame for a dear friend. Let me show you how in 7 easy steps -

Step 1 - I drew the outline of a circle on a die-cut. I pricked holes and 
hand-stitched around the outline. I used an edge punch and then cut the border into individual floral pieces. I inked them and adhered them to the stitched circle. 

 Step 2 - I fussy cut a frame from another pp and adhered it to the photograph using pop dots. 

Step 3 - I layered the page with the background pp, die-cut and the fussy-cut frame in the foreground. I inked the edges before sticking them down. 

 Step 4 - I matted the photograph with corrugated paper and created a banner for the title alphas. 

 Step 5 - I left the birds on a branch chippie untreated because the kraft color pops off beautifully against the black. I used distress inks on the hinge chippie, fastened it with metal brads and added flowers.

Step 6 - I added a rub-on for part of the title.

Step 7 - I use another edge punch to create a border and finished off with embellishments like misted flowers and a punched butterfly.

Hope you found this Shabby Chic tutorial helpful. Happy scrapping!




5 comments:

  1. Preciosa página.
    Eres una artista.
    Un besazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing this. I am SO not a shabby chic scrapper, so it is fascinating to learn about your process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ,you are too good .what we say in hindi"mein pagal ho jaungi"love your work.
    megha
    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete