Monday, August 27, 2012

A Shopping Opportunity


Hello, it's Marlene. Today I am talking about something I rarely get to do, scrapbook shop. Oh sure, I can do some damage when presented with the opportunity, but the closest scapbook store to me is 2 1/2 hours one way so I am usually promoting making your own backgrounds and embellishments. During a recent visit to my sister's (near Detroit, Michigan), I did my usual excursion refilling my supplies and checking out new stuff, buying pretty generic things on spec so to speak. Since starting with a photo is essential to my process, the way I scrap shop is backwards because I don't plan ahead far enough to have a series of photos in mind. That is the downside of being a random scrapper.
Even while taking photos of the basilisk, I knew I was going to scrap it, but the pictures didn't enter my mind while I was in the stores. I am frustrating like that. My trip was extended (now that I'm retired, I can do that) so I decided to treat myself to the luxury of going to Archivers with a specific project in mind. All of you who live near scrapbook stores are so lucky! I took my time choosing papers and accessories to match my picture, only another scrapper will understand how enjoyable that is. This Authentique line was perfect and once back in my scraproom, this page fell together quickly. In the future, this scrapper will try to be more disciplined and have a few photos in reserve.


4 comments:

  1. I had to look really close to figure out what a basolisk was. Great phtot and good job picking your papers etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nearest store would be in Dubai or in Singapore - a 3 hour flight from India...LOL! Great job, Marlene. Love the subject of your page and your pps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nearest LSS is about an hour away, but even when there were four stores within 10 minutes of my house, I still didn't take pictures to the store and purchase with specific layouts in mind. I guess I'm a 'backwards' shopper too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the project, and the idea of taking the picture with you was great. But I didn't understand was is in the photo? What is a basilisk?

    ReplyDelete