Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Designer Showcase: Machine Die Cuts

Happy Wednesday!  It's Cathy here to walk you through this weeks Designer Showcase.  We are sharing projects that include machine die cuts.  With the popularity of Cricut and Silhouette die cutting machines, more people are able to include die cuts in the designs of their projects.  Used to be, you could only purchase pre-designed die cut elements. Now with these personal cutting machines, you can purchase cartridges or cut files, or even design your own cut files (with the appropriate software).  This adds even more possibilities of creativity for your pages and projects. Here are a few from the Contributing Artists.


Marlene shares this sweet page about a not-so-sweet time. They had to catch and release a skunk family from their yard.  Marlene used her Cricut to cut the cute little critters and her title for this page. Being able to cut your own title allows you to include coordinating designer papers. This really pulls the page together.


Gael used an SVG file to cut the gate and fence on this page on her Cricut.  She created this gorgeous scene to accent her beautiful photo of Le Chateau de Cheverny in France. I really like how she continued the garden feel by fussy cutting floral papers to create a frame around the photo.


I used a set of files from the Silhouette store to create this shadow box frame.  I then decorated it with digital papers and filled it with photos.  I used the print and cut feature on the Cameo to cut elements from the digital kit to coordinate with my theme.



Electronic cutter are great for making cards.  You can use pre-designed files (top photo) to create quick cards with any papers that you have. Or you can combine files and elements to create your own card design (bottom photo). I really love the print and cut feature and the ability to fill shapes with digital papers. I create a lot of hybrid cards and projects using these features.


1 comment:

  1. Great projects! I own a Wishblade that I almost never use, so it's fun to see what I could do if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete