Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tanya's 2013 Favorites

Happy New Year, everyone!  Tanya here, to share my favorite projects of 2013! To narrow it down, I picked 5 layouts, 5 cards and 3 projects that I really love! :)  I have included links to the original blog posts too, where you can get more description and close up pics of each creation! :)

LAYOUTS:
RIP Droopy-Doo
I die cut this rainbow and used happy, fun colors on this tribute to my Basset Hound, who crossed the Rainbow Bridge in January 2013.



In Sickness & In Health
My husband spent Valentine's Day in the hospital recovering from a second surgery in two weeks.  I used Doodlebug's Love Birds collection, and carried the 'birds' into the theme of the layout.


First Bloom
I used white-on-white and covered the background in die cut patterns.  It is a little hard to tell from the photos, but I think the stark background paired with the vivid color of the hyacinth is just beautiful.  The link above has some better close-ups.


Say Cheese
I love all the die cuts and messy stamping, along with so much going on with this fun layout.


9
I stepped outside my box for this anniversary layout.




CARDS:
Valentine
My favorite thing about this card is actually the envelope!  I die cut it from a Kerri Bradford Studio file and love the tear-open flap, along with the hearts on the front.


Whoo's Turning 8?
This was a fun card for my nephew using a die cut file from Miss Kate Cuttables.  I also carried the theme onto the envelope using an owl stamp for the "o" in his name.


Wedding
I love the colors, stamping, embossing and everything about how this card came together.


Party This Way
I liked how this card came out so much, I made several of them in different color schemes!


Thinking Of You
A simple card with lots of texture and dimention that could be used for many different occasions.



PROJECTS:
Mother's Day glass etching
I finally tried my hand at using etching creme with vinyl cut with my Silhouette Cameo to make personalized gifts.


Boat Vinyl
I made several decals for our boat using vinyl cut with my Silhouette Cameo.


Project Life title page
This title page from my first year of Project Life encompasses everything my life is made up of - love, my dogs, home, fun and bright colors, scrapbooking ... it makes me happy to just see it. :)


Thanks for looking back at 2013 with me!  I can't wait to see what others chose as their favorites! :)




8 comments:

  1. Great picks! I believe I've seem most of them already, but I do not recall ever seeing the first one! I love it! The giant rainbow is so pretty and despite the sadness of the topic, the layout makes me smile! A beautiful, touching tribute to your fur-baby! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic picks! The 'Thinking of You' card was one of my favorites of yours from the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tanya! You were busy with all kinds of creative projects! I love them all, but especially like the tribute to your basset hound and your fist bloom layouts! Gorgeous and touching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all really great picks! I love the cards, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all!! Your cards are awesome! Your pages are beautiful (especially love the white-on-white) and your projects are amazing. Thanks for sharing all your favorites. They are so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete