Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Favourite Layouts for 2013

Hi, it’s Gael here and I’d like to share some of my favourite layouts from last year.  2013 was a busy year and I was lucky enough to have a couple of trips to Adelaide with my scrapping buddy Lesley.  We always have heaps of fun on our scrapping trips and this year we went to Adelaide in April and did classes with one of our favourite teachers, Steph Devlin from Prima.  We also saw some amazing Graphic 45 layouts by Jane Tregenza and I hope to be able to do some of her classes one day.  Our April trip was timed so we could spend a day with the amazing Anna Dabrowska ( aka Finnabair).
In November Lesley & I were lucky enough to go to Adelaide again and do some more beautiful classes with Steph and this time we also spent a day with Janine Koczwara who does amazing layouts for Prima. This trip was timed so we also had a day with the lovely Heiddi Swapp who showed us some great techniques with her products.  I’m looking forward to having lots of fun playing with my goodies from Heidi’s classes.
I thought I’d start by showing you some of my favourite layouts we did at these classes. 
Below is one of the beautiful layouts from the amazing Steph Devlin classes. 

The following layout is my layout from the Finnabair classes.

Lastly I have one of my favourite layouts we did with Janine Koczwara.  Wow what talented local ladies they have in Adelaide (makes me wish I lived closer to do more classes with them!).



Now on to some of my own work.  One of my favourite layouts for 2013 was one I did that didn’t even contain a photo!  The fun papers were all the inspiration I needed to get motivated to create this layout. 


Some of my other favourite layouts from last year include the following layouts –





It’s amazing to look back at my favourite layouts and see just how much an influence the classes I did last year had on my style.  I’m hoping Lesley and I will be as lucky in 2014 to be able to attend some more classes with these amazing teachers as I have learnt so much and had so much fun in the process. 

Thanks for looking.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and creative layouts, Gael! I love your gorgeous style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed hearing about how the classes you took influenced your work. That is a sign of a good class. Your work is always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is Monique Fox's 2013 favorites:

    http://living-in-the-positive.blogspot.com/2013/12/2013-year-in-review-my-top-10-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete