Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sheila's Favorite Five Layouts of 2013


Hi there!
Sheila here today with my favorite layouts of 2013...
This one was for a Design Team assignment for Color Me Scrappy.  There was a color palette  and a sketch to work with, and I have to say, this team has been really interesting for me.  Their challenges are the hardest I have ever tackled.  However, most of my favorites have been work for their team!  If you are not familiar with this site, PLEASE check it out.  The challenges force me to really think, and to sort through my stuff which has been great for me, because I tend not to remember what I have. 
This is my older daughter on her first day of school.
I loved the mix of colors and the sketch was awesome too.


My next favorite is...
Another Color Me Scrappy layout!!! This one was a color challenge with a twist, not a sketch.  The twist was to use texture, and I used a burlap flower.  This is my other daughter on the first day of school.


The next one I chose was from a DT assignment at Let's Get Sketchy.  I loved this one because my habit lately has been NOT to use busy paper for a background, so this was a risk for me. 
It was a view from my deck of my favorite flowers, cosmos.
I also cut the arrow out on my silhouette, and I believe it was one of the first cuts I made. 

My next favorite is this one.

This was also a Let's Get Sketchy DT assignment.  I love, love, love Crate Paper, which is what I mostly used on this layout.  I also love to steal song lyrics for my titles, and this one is from one of my favorite Judy Collins song.

My next and last favorite is this one---another first day of school layout.  However, this one is from two years ago and I just got around to scrapping it. 
This is one of the first cuts that I made with my Silhouette too.  I did all the numbers down the side.  I used Color Me Happy (Glitz) which is one of my all time favorite collections.
I also love that she is holding a Wimpy Kid book---one of her favorites still!

SO there you have it!  My top five favorite layouts of 2013. 
Thanks for stopping by today:)




3 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts, Sheila! I love your style! I look forward to seeing your creative work in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages! And your daughters are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks - so much goodness in one year! :)

    ReplyDelete