Monday, January 20, 2014

Cindy's CHA Picks

Cindy here!  This is such a fun time of year, seeing all the new products debuted at the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) tradeshow.  I've pinned all of my favorites on a dedicated Pinterest board.  Here are just a few of the items that have caught my eye.

  • Fancy Pants 'Nautical'


If I only get one new paper collection this year, it's probably going to be Nautical from Fancy Pants.  I love the colors (perfect for boy pages) and the fact that they're double-sided with non-themed B-sides makes them really versatile.   

  • Simple Stories Letter Stickers


I'm already obsessed with Simple Stories letter stickers and typeset stickers and use them all the time.  Eight new colors?  A must-have.  I will probably get at least three sets each of the letter stickers and the typeset stickers.


  • Doodlebug Sprinkles Vellum


I'm intrigued.  I never really stopped using vellum after its heyday years ago and I'm always a sucker for polka dots.  This seems like a really great basic. I'd like to see it in person to check out how translucent it is.


  • Jillibean Soup Beanboard


Jillibean Soup is introducing Beanboard, described as thin chipboard that's colored on both sides. I love the look and ease of chipboard but hate the bulk, so this is ideal for me.  It comes in eight colors. I'm definitely getting the green, grey, yellow, red and navy.


  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool


I have the standard ink blending tool and love it.  This mini would be great for covering smaller areas.  I'm not sure I can justify getting this one since I already have a ton of Tsukeniko sponge daubers that I love.  I'm definitely thinking about it though.


  • Glue Dots Desktop Dispenser


I use a lot of Glue Dots and this dispenser would be handy.  I'm not sure if I want another thing that sits on my desk though.  Now, my Glue Dots hang from my pegboard, off my work surface. Something to think about...



3 comments:

  1. A glue dot dispenser is a great idea! And that mini blending tool would be good to have, too. LOVE the fancy pants nautical collection!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the Nautical collection - love it! :) And I've heard rave reviews about the Doodlebug vellum, everyone says you have to FEEL it, LOL! And I was glad to see the new mini blending tool, too! I have the regular ink blending tool and haven't always been pleased with it. I have a bunch of sponge daubers too, which are great. Lately I've been using makeup sponges for the same purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sprinkles vellum? Oh yeah! I may just have to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete