Friday, March 30, 2012

A new wavy line Template!

Happy Friday!  Hope you have a great weekend coming up!  I plan to get some serious scrapping time so I am looking forward to it.  Today I have a template to share that was actually inspired by a challenge I participated in at ScrapMatters.  The challenge was to create a layout based on a book cover.  That sounded interesting and I browsed through many many book cover pictures finding several I liked.  Wow, I thought, this is going to be fun.  Well I finally settled on the book cover below.

Using this book cover as my inspiration, I decided I needed lots of wavy lines to create the layout I had pictured in my mind.  Hmm...that meant I had to create a PNG file and of course that led to a template.  Here is the layout I created for the challenge.


I used a really pretty kit by Kim Broedelet called Evergreen to create this page.  The colors were perfect for the look I was after.  The wavy lines remind me of the ripples on the water's surface at the reservoir near my house.  Here is the sketch for our paper scrapbookers.  To build the waves on my page I just repeated the wavy line shape at the bottom of the page, tucking each new wavy line behind the one below it.

For our digital scrapbookers I have made the template file available at either of the two file sharing sites below.


Hope this inspires you to try some wavy lines in your layouts.  Even better, don't rule out a book cover as inspiration for your next fabulous layout!






7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Mar. 30, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your layout. thank you for this template, the wavy lines will work so well with beach pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolores, this is fantastic! I love the layout- the waves and the colors are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous design and page you've created, thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Loved your layout at SM and your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the great template...

    ReplyDelete