Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A New Template with a Swirl Background!

I like free movement in some of my designs and swirl shapes always have a sense of freedome to me.  I decided to create a whole background that had movement with some swirl shapes.  Here is the layout I created called My Sunshine.

I placed the photo and embellishments in the largest swirl shape so that the lines of the swirls were mostly visible, with very few embellishments blocking those lines that give the page the feeling movement.  Then I let my journaling follow the main swirl shape so that it does not distract from the shape either.  When I created the layout  I liked these subtle papers because even with all that is going on with the shapes the focus remains on the photo.  The layout was created with a pretty mini kit called Your Are My Sunshine by Kim Broedelet. 

Here is the sketch of the template.

For our paper scrapbookers who may want to trace and cutout the shapes I have a image of just those basic swirl shapes.

For our digital scrapbookers I have a photoshop template that you can download at either of the two file sharing sites below.


Now how about giving a layout some new movement and life, try some swirl shapes!




10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Mar. 20, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the cool template; love the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you a lot Dolores. I love your templates. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I love the swirls, the colors, the photo- simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome back ground!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing design Dolores. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete