Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Heather's Sketch 12

Hi everyone! I'm back with another free template to share. This template features more hexagons because I'm on a hexagon kick lately. In fact, I used the negative hexagon cut from the last sketch I posted on my example page. So if you have the free .svg file from my last post, you'll be all set to work with this sketch. 


The sketch was based on this layout that I created with my February Scraptastic Club kit called "Hearts A Flutter". I loved these photos of my daughter concentrating while addressing her Valentine cards. She always works really hard to pick out the perfect card for each one of her friends. 


I only have a few extra example pages because I was too sick to send the sketch out early! Marlene came through for me with this absolutely adorable snow themed page. I love the letters that she chose for her title work, and the layered octagons totally rock! 


Nancy also supplied an example page using the sketch. I love the awesome color combination she used and the super fun title she chose for this layout about her husband making his own cheese for the first time. I think it's great that she adapted the sketch to work without the hexagons too! 


I was able to create a digital layout with the sketch this week. I did it yesterday morning! There's nothing like waiting until the last possible minute. Right? I used some Jenni Bowlin Studio digital supplies from the store at Jessica Sprague's website to complete this page about my son playing at the park.


Before I go, I have a free matching digital template that I made in Photoshop Elements for digital scrapbookers. Please click the link below to download it!



5 comments:

  1. As always, I love seeing how different artists interpret the same sketch. This time, most of them stayed close to the sketch in design, but the use of different colors gives them such unique looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sketch/template, Heather. Thanks for letting me play along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Sketch Heather! A great one for flexibility with multi photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! And Nancy, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete