Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fun background templates for your gorgeous pages!

I just love all the great backgrounds that I have been running across lately.  Heather did a fun hexagon background just recently.  You can catch it here if you didn't see that post.  I had enjoyed mixing multiple patterned papers with a strip background, click here to see the post.   Today I am sharing two more backgrounds that I came up with while experimenting with shapes this week.  I think both make interesting backdrops for photos and allow for the use of multiple papers too!  Here is the first background, I call it a crescent background.


I had fun using graduated colors in the papers I chose to fill the background.  The page was created using a beautiful kit by LDrag Designs called Sweet November.  Here is the sketch for our paper scrapbookers.


A crescent shape is really very easy to cut from paper.  Just cut two circles, overlap one circle over the other, trace your cutting line, then cut your crescent.  Once you have a crescent shape use it as a pattern for the rest of your background crescents.

The second shape I experimented with was a bracket.  I joined a few brackets together to create a wavy line, then built a background with that wavy line.  Here are some example layouts using the template.


Here is Maggie, my very sweet and cooperative dog.  She never seems to mind me taking her picture.  This layout was created with another kit from LDrag Designs called Summer Sherbet.  I have one more example to share.


For this layout I used four different background papers on the wavy lines.  The kit is by Siamese Studio and is called "Love Is".  I have just found this designer and thought she created a lovely romantic kit.  Below is the sketch for our paper scrapbookers.



Each wavy line is just under an inch wide so you can fit 12 wavy lines on a 12 by 12 layout.  I have created PhotoShop template files for our digi scrapbookers.  You can download the files from either of the two file sharing sites below.
    


Hope you enjoy experimenting with these backgrounds.  We'd love to see what you create!  Thanks for stopping by.





7 comments:

  1. Thank you - such fun ideas I can use them for both my digital and paper pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I hope to see your layouts in the SM gallery soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so very cool Dolores! I love the pages you made with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pages you've made using LDrag and Saimese Studio kits! Such fun backgrounds.......i never thought that multiple shapes would look so very fantastic. Thanks for the templates and i'll email you anything that i make with them xx kel
    p.s.Dolores, what do you mean by the words in the above comment "SM gallery"??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skippyherron, Hi-to answer your question, there is another person named Dolores that is a Creative Team member at the online ScrapMatters store. She will visit the blog from time to time and may use a template. She was just suggesting that I post the sample layouts in the ScrapMatters Gallery. It is a friendly store that I do visit and they have some nice digi designers. Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cool - thanks for explaining Joy2Scrapbook!
    I've heard of ScrapMatters before but didn't work out the abbreviation. :)

    ReplyDelete