Thursday, June 9, 2011

What can you make with ONE sheet of paper?


Sometimes we only have only one sheet of paper left over from a collection or we need a quick card for a last-minute gift. Here is an idea... a pre-loaded gift card holder!


This cute little, self-standing, purse card was made using ONE sheet of double sided Pion Design papers from the "fairytale of Spring" collection including the handmade flower!

I cut a 12x12 inch sheet to have an 8x12 piece and reserved the left-over 4x12 piece for the card holder and to make the flower. I made my folds, cut the top curve and glued the gift holder (faux stitching explained below) with a stamped "happy birthday" saying. There is plenty of space below for a personal hand-written message too!

Next I glued a piece of ribbon to resemble a clutch style purse and added self-adhesive Velcro to keep closed. I also lightly scraped the paper edge with a distressing tool.

Then, I added faux stitching by paper piercing and connecting the holes with a fine scrapbooking marker. This is a nice alternative when you don't have a sewing machine handy or if you're like me... don't ever sew anything at all!

Lastly, with the scraps I made a lily flower using my tutorial and the reverse side of the paper (same as inside the card). Check out all of the paper flower tutorials in my the right sidebar of my personal blog at http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.com. Any style of handmade flower would look nice on this card! Tip: make your flower first and let it dry while you are making the card.

Can you believe this easy card only took me about half an hour to make from start to finish?


9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this idea! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saving this tutorial. I can seeing making lots of these with pretty Christmas paper for the granddaughters this year. I'll just hang them on the tree for an added festive look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute, unique and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea!!!! just beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty project Vicky! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful idea, thanks for the tutorial!!!
    Ciao
    Monica

    ReplyDelete