Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Patriotic Template for your 4th of July photos!

I have been looking forward to the 4th of July, it's so great to have a special holiday right in the middle of summer. I love doing a picnic, catching up with friends and staking out a spot to watch fireworks. As a result this is one of my favorite holidays. I ran across some photos from a really fun day we had a few years ago with my in-laws, so I decided to do a patriotic template so I could scrap those photos! Here is my layout titled "America, land that I love."

That's my Mother-in-law and I in the center photo! They have a great celebration in their hometown. I created this layout with a really cute digital kit called Americana by Etc. by Danyale. For our paper scrapbookers here is the sketch.

To make it a little easier to trace and cut these shapes out, here are the basic heart pieces.
For our digital scrapbookers, the template has the stars, stripes and background colors all as separate layers, so you don't actually need any patriotic paper to create the heart. All you need is red, white and blue. I have loaded the Photoshop Elements PSD file to a couple of different file sharing locations so you can choose the one that you prefer for the download. Just click the file name below.


Hope you enjoy the template! Have a great, fun filled 4th of July!




5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jun. 28, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool template Dolores! I love your layout. Thank you bunches for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I used your template and posted today at ScrapMatters...really like how it came out! :)
    http://scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/192848/ppuser/181

    ReplyDelete