· Small spray bottle (NOTE: Ranger’s Mini Mister is shown here.)· Water
· 91% Rubbing alcohol
· Re-inker (alcohol or regular)
· Small amount (about 1/8 teaspoon) mica powder
- Perfect pearls, which has a binder; when it comes in contact with water, it fuses it onto the surface OR
- PearlEx, which works best if heated after application.
· Some type of small “scoop” for the powder (Small scissors are used here.)
· Large box or spraying “tent”
· Paper that you want misted
· Any masks that you would like to use
1. This doesn’t have to be an exact science! Have fun! Mix (approximately) equal parts rubbing alcohol and water in the spray bottle up to about 1/2” from the top. This will leave room to shake the mixture!
2. Scoop up about 1/8 teaspoon of the mica powder and add it to the bottle. A little goes a long way.
3. Add in about 8 or 9 drops of re-inker. Combine colors if you want! Or, leave the color out. You will still have an opaque shimmery spray.
4. Shake the bottle!!
5. Place your sheet of paper along with any masks you would like to use in your tent or large box!
6. Spray the mist toward your paper, holding the spray bottle about 6-8” from your paper. Keep spraying until you get the look you desire! If you don’t like the color, play around with it until you are happy!
7. Admire your paper. Then, use it on a project!
When you are completely finished using your little bottle of home-made shimmery mist, you should rinse out your spray bottle and think about your next shimmery-mist project! You can make some more!
Here is a layout I made using a different bottle of home-made shimmery mist!
(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT KELLY)