Friday, June 4, 2010

Handmade Flower Tutorial by Lynn!

Hi friends! I have had quite a few requests asking how I made the flowers on my layouts "First Date & Love Blooms & Sweet Innocence". They were super easy to do & I thought I would share just how easy with you! Below is pictured the punches I have used. ANY rounded petal flower punch will work! The smallest green punch is a "sun".
They are left to right:
Small Retro punch, McGill Starburst punch, mini sun punch, Sizzix Hello Kitty flowers layers die, & Ex Success fern branch.


I used 3 different pattern papers & one solid card stock. The papers I chose were from the K & CO Que Sera Sera paper stack. I also used Adirondack ink in colors a shade darker than the papers & some bling for the flower centers.


This particular flower has only 4 layers. I usually have more layers, but I wanted to get a different look & few layers seemed to work better. Below you can see what I have punched for 4 flowers. The bottom layers was cut in alternate colors, the other layers were all the same. I did this to have a little variety, yet still keep the flow.


I inked the edges of the flowers- putting a touch of the purple ink on both the orange & the green layers.


Now here's the twist... using the small sun punch, turn bottom side up & punch the edge of the petal... do this to the bottom two layers.


I then ink the newly punched edge with a bit of purple ink.


Next glue the bottom 2 layers together. After dry, give the petals a little tug up, so they are not real flat!


Next add the best flower punch EVER.. the RETRO punch. Again, pull the layers up after drying.


The last flower layer is the McGill Starburst punch. It was done with the black card stock. A touch of bling was adhered to the center!



I then added the fern leaf punch randomly. I often add leaves & foliage to my flowers.. it just has that natural look!



And there ya go!! Easy Easy Easy!
Here is a couple other samples of the same flower!




(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT LYNN)

6 comments:

  1. awesome flowers. now if only I had all those punches, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial. I don't have those punches either but I was thinking about the flowers, leaves, and snowflakes that I can cut from with my Cricut and layer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, thank you again for doing the tutorial on the flowers. I have been following your blog for 8 months now and these are one of my favorite flowers you do!!! Your work has such a signature look...just beautiful each and every layout! I also love the technique winding the floss around the chipboard, or wait...how to revamp your chipboard...you can tell I am a true fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Can I say it again . . . WOW!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful way to make flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely gorgeous! Such an awesome tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovey. I have a sun punch that I never used so this is an excellent idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete