Friday, May 25, 2012

From Trash to Treasure

Cindy here!  It always amazes me what other people throw out.  I'm sure it's the crafter in me, but I have a tendency to look at 'garbage' much differently than my non-crafty friends do.

Here is a gift box and card I made recently.  I used four items that many people would throw away.  Can you guess what they are?


The box once held Girl Scout cookies....


... and I used a pill container, empty roll of tape and a drinking straw for the stamping.


Here's a gift bag I made using the empty tape roll, the straw and one more item:


The third (orange) stamp was an old sponge dauber.  You know what they say: one man's trash is another man's treasure.  Why spend money on circle stamps when these are free and just as cute?!


Here's a sympathy card I made.  Check out the 'patterned paper' on it.


It's actually the inside of security envelopes!  Thanks to Pamela #8040 for the inspiration!

 
From trash (well, recycling actually) to treasure!  



6 comments:

  1. Cindy, your ideas blow me away!! This is sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what great ideas! Now you are giving me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! what great ideas and projects. Now i truely believe i will not throw anything away lol

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super ideas!!! I find myself doing the same thing...lol. I recently cut the top off of my shampoo bottle to use as a circle stamp! I really like the straw idea! Thanks for sharing.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome ideas, Cindy! I am trying not to throw anything away and to use up my stash before buying anything new1 I am LOVING these ideas - TFS!

    ReplyDelete