Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Designer Showcase: Listen to Your Mother

Hey all it's Pam here again with a special designer showcase honoring mothers (& grandmothers, stepmothers, etc).  Remember listen to your mother because your mother knows best. :)

Of course we have all heard that "mother knows best" and after I gave birth to my son ten years ago, I realized it was true all along (just kidding ... I realized that sooner). Growing up I was not too convinced at time, but after the teenage years, I realized that my mother DID know best and was always looking out for me!

Here is a page about my mom. I used GCD Studios Bonjour papers to create my page and hand drew the butterfly trail. All of the butterflies are cut out of patterned papers. I showcased some new photos of my mom and I and kept with the color palette for my whole page.




Cathy created some gorgeous Mother's Day cards. Notice the nice plaid and red on the first and the the soft colors on the next. I love the idea of a gift certificate inside the card, what a cool way to showcase a gift. What a great idea, you still have time to do this for Sunday ;)



Marlene created this pretty two pager about her mom and special memories. Marlene created this in the style that her mother used to sew, really neat idea!  Those pinks, polka dots and scalloped flowers really enhance this design. Check all also the sewn button and brackets that finish off this page beautifully. You can read more about her design and hidden journaling here.


Vicky created this next page. I love the butteflies flying up the page and the doily frame. The flowers also help enhance her page with those pretty crystal accents. Also notice more lace hiding behind the folded paper. Just gorgeous for a page about her mother!




Cindy's pages feature being a mother. As you can see each page showcases her love for her son in a special way. I love the simplicity of the first with the monochromatic colors. The second showcases the journaling and title in a neat way.

I hope you all have a wonderful mother's day!

3 comments: