Monday, May 14, 2012

Distress Stains and Shrinky Dinks

Hi everyone!  Nancy here today to share with you a fun technique using shrink plastic (aka shrinky dinks) and distress stains.  I know I loved playing with shrink plastic when I was a child and couldn't wait to do so again with my children.  Well, needless to say, we know have little bits of plastic all over the place which got me to thinking, why don't I make some things for my paper crafting.

For this project you will need distress stains or inks, a heat gun, shrink plastic and a craft sheet.  I used the Tim Holtz gear die to cut my plastic into a fun shape.
 Apply a bit of the stains to your craft sheet.
 Drag your plastic through the stains.  This will give the plastic a mottled effect.
 Heat plastic to shrink with your heat gun.  I find using the heat gun to shrink plastic much quicker and easier than doing it in the oven.  Plus clean up is a breeze.
When you are done, you will end up with something like these.

So super fun to do.  Try it at your house.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs.

Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I hadn't thought of using a heat gun for shrink plastic. Yet another reason to add one to my wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cool! I bet scrappers and moms will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy this is so coll! And a really fin craft project to try with kids too. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete