Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Designer Showcase: Unique Shapes

It's time to get your thinking caps on for this design showcase! It's Pam here today and I am showcasing some layouts with unique shapes. Think of shapes other than your typical circles, squares and rectangles. I especially love today's topic because I love to create unique shapes! What shapes do you see in these pages?

Marlene created our first page and she has some cool shapes not only in the design but the bottom paper. Check out the triangle in her wood design, it goes perfectly with those photos. Also, I love this arrows pointing down with the paper! This is really fun and captures the mood of the photos so well.

Marlene also created this next page. Do you see that super cool cone shape that was created by the light? I think this is a brilliant idea. She also chalked an oval shape to look even more realistic. I feel like I am outside with this trick or treater!


Here is one I created which was inspired by a page by Elizabeth Kartchner. Here I put together to common shapes to created a unique shape out of the green cardstock.  I am not even sure what to call the circle attached to the stem, sort of a leaves on a stem? I love this colors and knew I wanted to showcase them on our tenth anniversary layout!

On this next page I created some fun splash like shapes for my page. I hand drew each splash on cut out in out of My Minds Eye Paper. This is great "unique" shape for summer!

Do you see this unique shape? It is an envelope which goes along with the theme of letter writing. Turn a rectangle in a quick envelope shape just but cutting a triangle into it!

Here is the last one by me. I created this page with lots of leaves in different colors. This is similar to my page above but has text inside instead of just color or photos. I especially love this page because it features my dog who passes away last year. I miss her so much!


This last page is by Vicky. How cool is this that she created a buggy for her layout.. and with the perfect photo to go inside. Simply adorable! And those cute wheels made out of her homemade flowers! Super cute!!


Ok, so it's your turn, share your pages with unique shapes!

2 comments: