Monday, May 7, 2012

Tea Anyone?

Hi everyone, Nancy here today to share with you a little tea set I made for my daughter.   It took me quite a while and a number of attempts to get the right shape and size, but I think I finally did it.  The look of the Prima papers with lots of yummy trims and a sweet little Prima flower really made the "pot" come to life; and the addition of a huge bloom with a bit more lace for the lid completed the look.

Needless to say, my youngest is very happy with her little doll tea set and is looking forward to lots of parties with her friends and their dolls soon.
Here is the link for the teapot and cups template if you would like to try your hand at them.  I am kinda an old fashioned girl in this respect...my templates were made by hand with a ruler, pencil, and paper, so my good friend Heather attempted to clean up my chicken scratch and digitize the parts for me so that you could have a template!  Huge shout out for her help!!!!!  You will need two of the spout pieces if you want it to have more dimension.  I painted the underside of my papers with a bit of gold paint and then glittered for a more finished look.

Have fun with your creations today.

Hugs.

Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning! I'm very impressed that you managed to get them to look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that's some work there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow amazing project, I can see it being played with for a very long time Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Какой милый чайничек!!!!

    ReplyDelete