Monday, July 18, 2011

Star Flowers


There are so many beautiful paper flowers made by layering flowers over flowers…so I was looking at different shapes of flowers and I seen some look like stars. That’s when I decided to make stars over stars…. J This is another way to make some fabulous flowers if you don’t own a flower punch.
So here is how I made my star flowers. 



First, I cut out 8 stars, 4 different sizes x 2 : 2.5inch, 2inch, 1.5 inch and  1 inch


Second, I chalked the edges of all of them and added dots by using a fine tip marker.
Third, I scrunched the edges of the stars using my fingertips.

Fourth, I layered the stars on top of each other.


Lastly, I added a button in the center….and curled the tips upwards

Here is another view:


Hope you try these star flowers on your next project!
Thanks for stopping by! 

12 comments:

  1. I love these, thank you.

    Wanda
    http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat idea. I'm scrapbooking today and plan to see if I can make one and use on a LO. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these flower!!! Thanks for the tutorial.

    Gisele
    http://papeltecido.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! thank you for sharing... best

    ReplyDelete
  5. so easy yet so pretty! I love it! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome trick. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely gorgeous! I love the little dots that you added. Wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this amazing tutorial! I made a few of these flowers & they came out amazing. You can see them here along with some other embellishments I made.

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete