Friday, July 8, 2011

Around The House

Its Sara here today with a money saving and fun idea for you. Have you ever stopped to think about what items you have around the house to help aid your scrapbook creativity?  There are hundreds of items you can use either directly on your layout (ex: a tag that came off a new piece of clothing) or to aid you in creating a technique on your layout (ex: run your sons hot wheels car through your ink pad and then run it on your paper for a great tire effect). 

 Here is a layout I created with the use of some items from around the house.

I used pieces of a used dryer sheet on my chipboard clouds.

I used a coffee filter and yellow ink to make this nice big bright sun! I love how it turned out!



I recently ran this idea as a challenge on my challenge blog, ScrapFIT and my FITgirls came up with some great ideas!  You can check them out my clicking HERE

Now take a look around your house and see what you can use on your next layout! 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome tips on using things around the house! TFS!!! And I absolutely LOVE your layout - that sun is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Sara!!! The coffee filter sun is totally amazing. Lovely page!

    ReplyDelete