Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Make Some Lily Flowers

A new flower tutorial! I am in love with the new Prima Corine flowers... but of course they are hard to find here in Canada and I just needed to see if I could make my own version (for a fraction of the price and with adding an extra petal layer :)


Here is what you will need:
- 3 flower shapes with 3 pointed petals. I just used my Marvy punch and hand-cut the petal corners off. I must say this is my favorite flower punch because of the versatility and embossed feature. You can cut out a similar shape and trace it.
- Water to mist
- Scrapbook chalk or chalk ink (I prefer scrapbook chalk for this and actually found some at my dollar store!)
- White paint or snow writer, puff paint or glitter - whatever best suits your project style
- A decorative brad or a few pearls or stamens for the center
- A rounded object (like a Sharpie pen or painbrush end)
- A foam mat (like a computer mouse pad)
- Glue of choice


Step 1: Make your template.

Step 2: Cut your 3 flower layers.

Step 3: Water mist the layers and pinch the towards the middle of each petal to create a crease.

Step 4: While still damp press the center into the foam mat to raise the petals. Let dry completely before the next step.

Step 5: Add some chalk or ink to the center and over the crease for definition.

Step 6: Glue your layers and press all together into the mat to form a little space for the centre pearls to fit into.

Step 7: Paint or...
glitter your tips

Step 8: Glue your decorative center and you are ready to add to your project!



8 comments:

  1. Loved it. I confess I have trouble to use this punch... and this will help me to take it from the desk.

    Hugs from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower! nice tutorial, I'm going to buy this punch and make lots of this.Have a great day!
    Zulma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Thank you for this wonderful tutorial! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous flowers and a grea tutorial thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very cool Vicky! Thanks a whole bunch for sharing it. I always love to find out how to make flowers on a budget!

    ReplyDelete