Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Sketch and a FlowerTechnique by Susan D.!

When I originally started working on this lo, it was totally ment to turn out a different way. However, when I started working on it, I wasn't "feeling" it. I am "sure" you know exactly what I mean when I say that. I did know I had it in my mind to use the bottle caps with my son's photo's in them as the flower centers. I also had planned for my lo to be more "Pammyish". Well, that didn't happen either. I ended up going the extreme opposite. That's how it is sometimes. Your scrap pages just "evolve". That is what happened here. In my head I saw a cluster of flowers, and this is what I came up with for my lo. Through the help of a friend, Liz Qualman, she was kind enough to turn my lo into a sketch for me. Otherwise, I would have been sending Pam a pencil drawn sketch. I am hopeless at Photoshop for that sort of thing. My thanks go to her for helping me out. I hope you find my sketch inspiring, and I can't wait to see what wonders you do with it!




For my tutorial, I am going to show a different twist to the flower I used on my lo. The supplies you will need are paper, circle punches (or whatever you use to make circles), scissors, adhesive, bottle cap and charm.



First you will want to cut or punch your circles. The size and number of layers is totally up to you. Once you have circles, you can fold them so you can cut them down to different sizes. Sorry for the out of focus photo. It was hard taking a photo with one hand and holding the camera in the other! However, I think you can get the idea.



Now take your various sized circles and scrunch them up. This will give them more of a dimensional look to them.

Next cut or punch your paper to fit the top of your bottle cap. You will want to go ahead and glue this paper on to the top of the bottle cap. Now you can glue the charm or whatever you choose i.e. button, small flower, alphabet... on top of the paper covered bottle cap.



Lastly, glue the bottle cap and various sized circles together. You should now have a cute bottle cap flower!



Pattern paper by October Afternoon "Fly a Kite", Misc. ribbon and bottle caps


(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SUSAN)

8 comments:

  1. I love this LO!!!! and Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so sweet :) The LO is fantastic....love the background pp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bottle cap idea! Such a fun project to share. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so cute! What a great way to get in some flowers on a boy layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun flower, susan!! and happy birthday to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat idea! I love your little flowers and your layout is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool Pam! will be having a go at these!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete