Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Winter Icicle Template for those Frosty pictures!

I have been enjoying the winter weather and the beautiful views that a blanket of fresh snow will produce. Both our dogs love to play in the snow, so when there is even a smidgen of it on the ground they want to be outside. Today I have a winter template to share that incorporates some icicle borders to really emphasize that winter feeling. Here is my layout called "Winter Beauty".
Our puppy Maggie was playing in the yard and happen to run into the photo of my husband and I. It just seemed like the right picture to scrap since she always wants someone to play with her. I created this layout using a digital kit called A Chance of Flurries by MandaBean and Jenn Barrette which is available at Sweet Shop Designs. I love the colors here, the dark blue, brown and white are a great palette.

Here is a sketch of the layout for our paper scrapbookers. The icicle borders can easily be traced and cut out. I think some glitter on those icicles might be a really nice addition.

For our digital scrappers I have created a template using Photoshop Elements. You can download the "winter icicle template.psd" file by clicking here. Hope you all get time to scrap those beautiful winter photos!

4 comments: