I thought it would be fun to do a tutorial on how to turn green Prima flowers into accent leaves for other flowers on your layouts!
I used the green Prima Animal Bash flower you can see right in the front of this package.
This is how it looked after I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. I used the same plates that I would use to emboss regular paper.
I trimmed the petals off in sets of two by cutting down to the center of the flower and I tucked them under my flowers on my layout to add just a bit more interest. You'll also notice that I embossed some of my die cut flowers on the layout with the same embossing folder.
Here is a closer look at the completed flower with the embossed leaves on my layout. The blue paper flower that is the base was cut from GCD Studios Lydia paper.
I also have one more tip to share! While I was embossing the flowers for this layout, I decided to try to emboss an older plastic Queen and Co. flower, and that worked too! I thought I'd share my results in case anyone was interested in embossing plastic.