Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Designer Showcase: Using A Sketch

Hi everyone! I'm here to share the fabulous layouts that the contributing artists did with the sketch showcase this month. It's so neat to see how different the pages turn out even though we all start out using the same general idea! Here is the sketch I created and sent out...


Here is the layout that Sara created... I really love the color scheme she used. I think the angle of the photo does an amazing job of drawing your eye in to the page, and the little sneakers hanging by a string are such an inspired addition. All in all it's such a cute take on the sketch! 


Dolores used the digital template that will be available for download at the end of this post. Her page is so soft and pretty. It really feels like Spring! Her photos are really incredible and I love how she added the bracket shape to the center block on the bottom. 


Cathy really wowed me with the paper pieced fire truck! Her attention to detail is amazing. The embossed diamond plate and her metal work are just stunning! Plus, who could resist her kiddos cute faces? I love that they have fire suits in their size. 


Nancy turned the sketch on it's side for a really cute change! I love the soft, girlie colors in her page. The stitching is amazing too! One day I'm going to fly her out from California so she can teach me to stitch on my pages. The cluster of flowers is super pretty here. Nancy does shabby chic so well.


I love how Pammy double matted the whole block of paper on kraft cardstock. It really sets off the colors in the papers. Her photos are beyond adorable and the big white flourish feels like a snowy wind blowing through the page. Plus, I love that it echoes the swirls on the background papers. The whole page just feels cool and icy. 


I created a digital layout with the template first. I loved the Jack's World paper from Cosmo Cricket and these photos of my son playing with his trucks on the beach this past Winter worked perfectly with the dump truck embellishment in the kit. I just couldn't resist!


I wasn't planning on creating a paper layout with the sketch until I got my March Scraptastic Club kit. When I saw the papers I knew they would work perfectly with these three vertical photos I had of Jordan. I made lots of changes to the sketch but in the end it turned out similar enough that you can tell the sketch was my starting point. 


Last but not least, I didn't forget my digital scrappers! Here is the link to download the layered template file that I created in Photoshop Elements. 


If you create anything based on the sketch or template be sure to email it to Pammy so we can feature your layout on the blog!



10 comments:

  1. Wow! I really love seeing how everyone interpreted the sketch! Such great ideas! Heather, thanks for making something so much fun to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow everyone did such an amazing job with sketch! so cool to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Apr. 20, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies - all your layouts are great! I love seeing how using the same sketch the results can turn out so differently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh these look awesome, too bad I didn't have enough time to participate this month. Fabulous sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for working with my sketch! Each layout is beautiful and unique in it's own way! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these girls!! Its to fun to see everyone's interpretations of the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [21 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete