Thursday, November 4, 2010
Tropical Christmas Angels by Sandy A.!
My tutorial is on making angel ornaments for the Christmas Tree. I've chosen the theme of Tropical Christmas so my angels are decked out in colourful florals.
Basic Grey Pattern Paper - Green at Heart's Daisy Maze Doily paired with Sugar Rush's jaw breakers; Max & Whiskers' Daisy Maze Doily paired with abbot
Others - Styrofoam figure, acrylic paint, doll's hair, feathers, pearls, ribbon trim
1. Paint the styrofoam head with flesh-tone acrylic (I've used Titanium buff straight from the tube)
2. Glue on the dolls' hair and draw in the eyes and lip with a felt-tip pen
3. Cut out the underskirt and 2 wings using this template
4. Cut out the overskirt using the template (without the tab) and glue the skirts together
5. Wrap the skirt around the styrofoam body and glue down the tab to secure
6. Glue on the wings and punch two holes with an awl
7. Coat the feather stem with some glue and push into the hole created
8. Embellish per your liking - I've add a pearl necklace to the neck, some ribbon trim to the skirt base and fussy-cut flowers to the overskirt.
There you have it - my Tropical Christmas Angels.
Hope it’ll inspires you to make some crafty Christmas projects.
(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SANDY)