Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanksgiving Card Ideas!

I love making cards for friends and family.  They are always well received and have a personal touch that people appreciate.  I have been making some Thanksgiving cards and wanted to share with you some of my creations.   I will try to share a little bit of what I did on each one to spur your imagination with some card making possibilities.

For this card I decided to use slightly different colors than traditional and incorporated a blue with the orange and brick red.  I stamped the background paper picking up colors from my stripe paper.  I liked repeating the leaf shape in the background. The maple leaf is a die cut.
One this card I chose to use a base for my stamped greeting and die cue shapes that had torn edges.  To emphasize the appearance of the torn edges I colored them with chalk.  The fuzzy edge of the paper holds the chalk well so it was very easy. 

Patterned paper always makes a nice background for cards and are very simple to put together quickly.  I added a textured ribbon along with my die cut shapes and it was complete.

This card has a little more contemporary look.  The background is a paper with a gradient color change and it shows off nicely the die cut aspen leaves.  My greeting is simply printed on cardstock from my computer.
This card has a fun look with the bright pumpkin and the blowing leaves.  The pumpkin is real easy, just check out Lisa's instructions for "Perfect Pumpkins" here.  I distressed my pumpkin edges to really make the layers stand out.


My last card has a little more classic look.  The background is stamped and embossed with Zing Chestnut embossing powder.  The embossing really made the design pop on the warm yellow paper.  I hope these cards have given you some ideas for creating some quick and beautiful greeting cards of your own.

5 comments: