Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Turkey Template

Wow, I can not believe that we are only a bit over two weeks away from Thanksgiving Day here in the States!  I was busily putting away Halloween decorations and getting out the few Thanksgiving decorations that I have this past week.  One of the items that I pulled out was something one of my boys made years ago when they were in kindergarten.  It was a turkey made from a pine cone and some feathers.  The years have taken a toll on the poor thing.  Looking at it brought back many memories. And it inspired me...... 

I decided to design a template using the turkey as my inspiration.  You can download the template at the bottom of this post. I've included a layered .psd file for digital scrappers, .png files for the various elements, and a .jpg sketch for traditional paper scrappers.

I'm also going to share a digi page and a paper page that I made using the template. You'll see that while I used the same photos, I got very different looks from the same basic design.

First up is my digi page. I used papers and elements from the Season of Thankfulness collab kit from The DigiChick Boutique. These rich colors conjure the senses of a warm family holiday gathering.

For my paper page, I used papers from Basic Grey's Offbeat Collection for the "feathers" of the turkey and Chatterbox Artsy.licious for the background.
The flocked paper in the background added a classic look and feel to the bright colors of the fanned out "turkey" feathers.  At the center of each of these different looks, is the blessing I am most thankful for, my family!

Download the template >>here<<

I hope that you enjoy capturing your memories and all of your many blessings.
Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

  1. Wow what an great template & love the samples of the layouts!! Wonderful work! tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool template Cathy! Both of your layouts are fantastic! You are SO creative girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What gorgeous LOs!!! I must play with this template... so many possibilities. Thank you! :_)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, This template is great! Love your unique design--it will be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a marvelously clever idea for a template! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete